Nigerian Buns recipe is similar to puff puff except it is a little hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Baking powder is used in buns instead of yeast as used in puff puff. Some recipes for buns include eggs but egg is really not needed .
• 3 cups all-purpose flour • 1 teaspoon baking powder • 1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch) • 3½ Tablespoon sugar • ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg • Canola oil for deep-frying (or vegetable oil) • 3 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk • 1 cup lukewarm water
- Mix flour, baking powder,salt and ground nutmeg.
- Mix and dissolve sugar and condensed milk in the lukewarm water.Gradually add mixture to flour from step1.
- The flour dough should have a stretchy consistency. Mould the dough into round balls,doesn’t need to be smooth because you want the rocky or uneven texture.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry dough. The dough should rise to the surface. Fry until golden brown.