For the month of May, the followers of sizzling flavors on Facebook were asked a poll question to choose their favorite Herb. This Basil humus recipe was created in honor of the winning herb, BASIL. Basil is one of my favorite herbs. It gives food lots of flavor and the aroma is quite distinct.
• 1 cup fresh Basil leaves or (5 sprigs)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 cup white kidney beans ( 1 439g canned white kidney beans )
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 ½ Tbsp juice from 1 fresh lime ( or lemon)
• 1/8 tsp salt
• ½ tsp Knorr bouillon (optional)
• 2 Tbsp water
1. If using canned kidney beans, drain out liquid used to preserve the beans and rinse. Heat for about 20 seconds in a microwave or on the stove top till hot.
2. Set aside the kidney to cool.
3. Combine Kidney beans and all other ingredient in a food blender and puree.
4. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
Serve with pita chips or your favorite chips.